How to improve your SEO health
Getting your pages closer to the top of web search results is the end goal of SEO, and a good first step toward making that happen is the SEO Audits section, where the app suggests SEO improvements, and gives you the tools to make those improvements easily. But first, you might be wondering:
- Why doesn't the app make these improvements for me?
- Why do I have to do the work manually?
The app does do a lot automatically through its AutoPilot features, but these issues pointed out in SEO Audits have to do with the content of your pages. Our app never changes the visible content of your pages automatically, but instead gives you guidelines so that you can improve your content. There are two reasons for this:
(1) You are an expert in your industry, so you know best how to write excellent content for your site
(2) Google and other search engines are very good at detecting (and penalizing) automatically-generated content, so our app avoids it.
Follow these steps to improve your SEO health:
1. Launch the app and click SEO Audits.
You will then see a list of your store's products, along with the number of suggestions that the app has for each product. Even if a product or page is marked as "Optimized", often there are still some improvements to be made in its audit. So if you want to be 100% thorough, click on every audit after you have fixed the most obvious issues that are pointed out in the audits list.
2. Pick a product to work on.
Here we'll pick one that clearly needs improvement. Click on the title to open up the audit page.
3. Check each step on the audit page and address highlighted issues.
The most common issues have to do with missing target keywords. If you aren't sure what that means, see What are target keywords? For more information on other warnings, please refer to our guide to SEO audit issues.
4. Click Save to apply your improvements.
If you see Scan Issues marked in yellow in the last step, they may be the issues you have already fixed that are still on your live site. So first save your changes, wait a few seconds, and refresh the audit page to see if that solves your Scan Issues.
5. Your SEO health is improved!
It may take up to a few hours for your SEO health to update, so don't worry if your score doesn't improve right away. Also, it can take a few weeks for Google and other search engines to show your site's updated information, although there are steps you can take to speed up the process: see Why is my site not updated on Google?